Monday, June 04, 2018

Highlights of Hiroshima



Had the pleasure of trying Japanese Nabe cooked in Sake at
a restaurant called "Francia" in Hiroshima.
Pretty good day working in Hiroshima for the Erth promo tour. We had two mini-shows at the Hiroshima airport, and then another photo session with the Triceratops at a different venue. Given the sheer size and weight of the triceratops rig, the Hiroshima airport show was tricky; part of the "magic" of the show is that we never let the kids see the dinosaur puppets disassembled; but there were literally hundreds and hundreds of people around the open stage. We got around this by assembling her in a tent next to the stage, but her size made getting her out of the tent one issue -which we got around by squatting as we walked out (if you can imagine that with a 70kg rig on your back), but then having to walk her up the ramp onto the stage was a different issue entirely. In any event, at the end of the day, it all went well. Getting better at vocalizing with the voice distortion box; (the dinosaur's "voice") is based off of my own, and the more I do this, and get used to carrying the weight, the easier it is getting.


As the actual show only has two shows a day, I think it should actually be easier than the workload we have for the promo tour; except for the fact that it will be for two months straight. I guess we will have to see.

Actually had a chance to eat raw mantis shrimp... pretty good,
but I kept wondering what it would taste like cooked, lol. 
Anyway, after completing all of our promo activities for the day, we went to restaurant in the Saijo area of Hiroshima (known as the #1 place for brewing Sake in the country) to eat foods that had all been cooked in Sake. While I'm not a super huge fan of traditional Japanese cuisine, this was fantastic. I actually had cheese that was cooked in Sake... that (quite naturally) tasted like cheese and sake at the same time. Couldn't quite get my head around it, lol. All in all, I really threw down. (Although that may just have been because I was hungry as hell from supporting the rig all day, lol. Still... no complaints.

Still hoping to visit the Peace Dome again to pay my respects... but afterall, I am here to work, so I guess that has to come first ;)









Each of the towers in the photo represent a different Sake brewery.
As Saijo is known as the best area for Sake brewing in Japan, the area is covered with them. 


No comments: