Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Working for Morohoshi's Lamborghini Event

The newest addition to Morohoshi's Lamborghini Collection:
The New Aventador
So a few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to work at one of the more interesting events in my career out here. As a television/film actor, generally speaking Im not really into doing live events, but as I am a huge Lamborghini fan, I had no intention of passing this one up. As I mentioned in my last blog, due to an unfortunate accident while running on a job, I was still in rehab for my left knee, so I was considering canceling the job. My thirst to hear that epic Lamborghini exhaust note (and the desire to keep my relationship strong with my agency) however stayed my hand, and in the end, I decided to go ahead and do the job. (Had I been healthy, hell I probably would've done that one for free just to get in and see the cars).

While originally, I thought I would be doing it alone, and doing it on a showroom floor, it turns out that I would be doing it with two other African American tokyo actors whom I had worked with on numerous occasions. This was another thing that was a bit unusual about this job. Usually whenever I play the "Bodyguard/ Security" role for live events, I am doing it alone. This time however, they hired three of us. Counting in agency fees that's easily over a $1000 bill for just a few hours, and they are doing it more or less just for appearances. Obviously whoever was sponsoring this event wasn't too concerned about money.

Just a few of his other models. 

When I was arrived at the venue, I found that that there were just 3 cars. Two uncovered and one with a silk cover over it. I thought this seemed pretty damn small for a Lamborghini event, so I assumed that it was just a private showing for the new badboy under the red silk cover, but again I was mistaken. It turns out that basically the show is simply for a private owner. He rented a venue, hired staff, a DJ, dancers, (and all 3 of us), just to show his friends his new car. As it turns out, he was the owner of all three cars. This new one, (the Aventador- of which there are only 100 or so in the world, and only THIS one here in Japan) was just his newest one. This is even more amazing when you consider that each of these costs at least half a million dollars, (not even counting insuring and maintaining them) and he doesn't need to sell the last one to get a new one. After searching his name, I found a documentary on him, and have embedded it for your viewing enjoyment. After watching it myself and noticing two other ones that weren't at the event, I am going to assume that those three are not the only ones he has. (I think someone else was driving them in the vid). Interesting fellow indeed. Coincidentally, he was wearing the same outfit when I met him in person as he was in this video. Speaking to him, he was a nice guy to all of us, so I simply assumed he was an eccentric and successful business owner. Just goes to show you that as they say here in Japan, "A talented eagle always hides its claws."

No comments: